Search This Blog

Thursday 24 August 2017

End Life Hiatus

It's been awhile.

I took a life Hiatus. A lot happened in a very short space of time for me and the best way to deal with it was to shut down, and do absolutely nothing with my life besides survive it. It was the best I could do at the time.

I removed as much outside distractions as I could. I just had to get through work, and get home each day. If it was a good day, make a meal. Feed the fish when I could remember that they existed (I'm sorry fishies!)

At the end of last week I decided to dip my toe back in to the space of being a functional human being again.

The housework is done little by little each day. The fish are fed regularly. I am back to exercising every 2nd day.

I did my first HbA1c since last year (shhhhh!)....and it wasn't the worst.

So I'm going to try to be back. And just cross my fingers that life stays stable so I can keep moving onward and upward.

I'll even try to get through the millions of fellow diabetes blog notifications that I have gotten, and catch up with other people's lives.


2 comments:

  1. What a brave and amazing soul. I hope the water is pleasant, warm and inviting when you dip your toe back in.

    Don't rush and remember to give yourself well-earned praise for all the things you do. Fishies. Dinner. Housework. Getting out of bed at some point during the day. They all count as wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed you and your writing. I hope things are on the up for you x

    ReplyDelete